The Blue Platform project is in reply to this need: Seven project partners (PPs) from seven different EU Member States in the BSR are feeding more than 25 main outputs (we call them "products") from more than 10 projects from a scope of different blue bioeconomy sectors and funding programmes into one BSR-wide platform.
In working towards the specific objective of the Blue Platform project, which is to improve the framework conditions and to increase the capacity of public authorities and practitioners for advancing the blue bioeconomy in the BSR, the project aims to
- Deepen knowledge about the products / outcomes of regular projects
- Optimise framework for streamlining activities in the blue bioeconomy field across the BSR
- Improve transnational and cross-sectoral strategic communication
Building on the products from the regular projects, the Blue Platform project will inter alia develop
- A manual with joint standards for blue bioeconomy interventions in the BSR
- The Blue Platform Roadmap 2020
- Policy papers on the alignment of funding and legislation respectively
- A transnational and cross-sectoral "Better off Blue 2.0" conference
- An online "Blue Platform" containing a repository of products, up-to-date information and actors.