Klaipėda will once again invite to create advanced solutions for the ports of today and the future. The hackathon “Portathon 2021” organised for the third time will bring together the teams from business companies, innovators and start-ups from Lithuania and abroad.
The hybrid event will take place on the 24th-26th of September at 3 physical locations: Klaipeda Science and Technology Park (Lithuania), Hochschule Wismar (Germany), Blue Science Park (Sweden) & on virtual platform.
Experts, students, innovators, startups! Teams and individual participants! Join us to develop solutions for:
• Digitalisation in Logistics
• Automated Port Equipment
• Digital Port Terminals
• Smart Transport Ecosystems
• Maritime Cyber Security
Please note: not only IT or engineering enthusiasts are welcome. Maybe your super power is design, business management or marketing? We are open for the talents from various fields.
Prize pool: 4 000 EUROS
Why to attend?
- It’s a great opportunity to get to know challenges of the ports and meet enthusiasts that have the same interests as you and that care about the same technologies.
- You will work with people that come from different fields, with different ideas and interests. All working together to solve the challenges – you can achieve an unbelievable result.
- This is a great add up to your CV: you will be getting some real tech experience and you can win prizes.
- During the hackathon you increase your knowledge and gain team work experience.
- Participation in the hackathon “Portathon 2021” shows a lot about your personality. It is a proof that you are a person that takes initiative, seeking to have a deeper knowledge and that enjoys challenges.
- The main idea is to solve a challenge by providing solution. So, you end up with a product or service. And if not, you at least know what worked out and what didn't.
- Our experience shows that many participants build lifelong contacts and relationships from a hackathon and have the chance to showcase their skills.
Registration for participants HERE
Join us as mentor!
- We expect to meet you during Friday Portathon presentation (24th September from 3 PM to 5 PM) and on first teams pitch on Saturday (25th September from 11 AM to 1 PM). Also, you are welcome to initiate individual meetings with teams during all hackathon time.
- The purpose of the mentors during the meeting with the team is to contribute thoughts, broaden attitudes, and encourage more ambitious problem solving. Mentors can initiate meetings / discussions with teams themselves. The meeting can last from a few to several tens of minutes at the mentor’s time schedule.
- The mentor is an expert who wants to share his/her knowledge and expertise with hackathon participants who are enthusiasts of technology.
- During the hackathon mentors could find interesting solution and talents to work together in the future.
Registration for mentors HERE
Businesses are welcome to submit their challenges in the following areas: Port logistics/ Port Energy/ Port Cyber security/ Port Environment & Wellbeing. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 24th – 26th September, 2021.
Hybrid format: teams and mentors are welcome to meet online (ZOOM platform). Also we provide physical locations if they want to meet with teammates face-to-face.
Address in Lithuania: Klaipeda Science and Technology Park; Vilhelmo Berbomo st.10, Klaipeda 92221.
Address in Germany: Hochschule Wismar, University of Applied Sciences: Technology, Business and Design. European Project Center. Philipp-Müller-Str. 14; 23966 Wismar.
Address in Sweden: Blue Science Park. Campus Grasvik 2 371 75 Karlskrona.
Important note regarding team-making: only teams from 3 to 5 members are allowed to participate in the hackathon. If you do not have your team – you are welcome to register by yourself and organizers will combine team with members with the same interest.
Event is free of charge. Event language: English.
Coordinator contact: innovaton manager Erika Zavackiene email@example.com