Smart-up BSR addresses the challenges regions face in implementing their regional research and innovation policies. The results will enable partners and others in BSR to effectively realize their policies in practice, eliminate obstacles and leverage their collective knowledge and expertise to achieve effective regional and transnational collaboration. In addition, results will scale to the Baltic Sea Region as a whole, creating a promising pan-BSR process for realizing RIS3 priorities.
Main Smart-up BSR results include:
• BSR RIS3 strategies and roadmaps updates by regions
• BSR macro regional collaboration and engagement via systemic transnational partnering process
• New instruments and platforms for engagement, value creation and innovation hub development using effective methodologies for realizing RIS3 priorities in practice
• BSR recommendation for macroregional policies development, implementation and engagement in EC
• Diverse ‘new professionals’ who can facilitate regional actors to work effectively to realize RIS3 innovation processes will be trained;
• Improved RIS3 stakeholder engagement, RIS3 realisation efficiency and RIS3 dissemination for wider use in partner regions.