Klaipėda will once again invite to create advanced solutions for the ports of today and the future. The hackathon Portathon 2023 organised for the 5th time will bring together the teams from business companies, innovators and start-ups from Lithuania and abroad.
The hybrid event will take place on the 6-8 October at Klaipeda Science and Technology Park (Lithuania) & on virtual platform. Hackathon participants traditionally dedicate 48 hours to generating solutions.
Experts, students, innovators, startups! Teams and individual participants! We invite you to join us and accept our challenges in these thematic categories: port logistics/ energy/ environment & wellbeing/ digital solutions for the maritime industry .
Please note: not only IT or engineering enthusiasts are welcome. Maybe your super power is design, business management or marketing? We are open for the talents from various fields.
Prize pool: best teams will be awarded 1,000 EUR cash prizes.
Why to attend?
- It’s a great opportunity to get to know challenges of the ports and meet enthusiasts that have the same interests as you and that care about the same technologies.
- You will work with people that come from different fields, with different ideas and interests. All working together to solve the challenges – you can achieve an unbelievable result.
- This is a great add up to your CV: you will be getting some real tech experience and you can win prizes.
- During the hackathon you increase your knowledge and gain team work experience.
- Participation Portathon shows a lot about your personality. It is a proof that you are a person that takes initiative, seeking to have a deeper knowledge and that enjoys challenges.
- The main idea is to solve a challenge by providing solution. So, you end up with a product or service. And if not, you at least know what worked out and what didn't.
- Our experience shows that many participants build lifelong contacts and relationships from a hackathon and have the chance to showcase their skills.
Registration for participants HERE
Join us as mentor!
- We expect to meet you during Friday Portathon presentation (30 September from 3 PM to 5 PM) and on first teams pitch on Saturday (1 October from 11 AM to 1 PM). Also, you are welcome to initiate individual meetings with teams during all hackathon time.
- The purpose of the mentors during the meeting with the team is to contribute thoughts, broaden attitudes, and encourage more ambitious problem solving. Mentors can initiate meetings / discussions with teams themselves. The meeting can last from a few to several tens of minutes at the mentor’s time schedule.
- The mentor is an expert who wants to share his/her knowledge and expertise with hackathon participants who are enthusiasts of technology.
- During the hackathon mentors could find interesting solution and talents to work together in the future.
Registration for mentors HERE
Businesses are welcome to submit their challenges in the following areas: port logistics/ energy/ environment & wellbeing/ digital solutions for the maritime industry
Email us: email@example.com
Date: 6-8 October, 2023.
Hybrid format: teams and mentors are welcome to meet online (ZOOM platform). Also we provide physical location if they want to meet with teammates face-to-face.
Address: Klaipeda Science and Technology Park; Vilhelmo Berbomo st.10, Klaipeda 92221.
Important note regarding team-making: only teams from 3 to 5 members are allowed to participate in the hackathon. If you do not have your team – you are welcome to register by yourself and organizers will combine team with members with the same interest.
Event is free of charge. Event language: English.
Coordinator contact: innovaton manager Erika Zavackiene firstname.lastname@example.org
The project BLUE SUPPLY CHAINS co-financed by Interreg Baltic Sea Region helps drive the transition to a green and resilient Baltic Sea region.
This article was prepared with the financial support of the Interreg Baltic Sea Region. Klaipėda Science and Technology Park is responsible for the content of the article. Under no circumstances can it be taken to reflect the opinion of the Programme.